Monday, November 03, 2008

Over 30 miles biking

Yes you didn't read it wrong, it was over 30 miles of biking we did that day. It might not be a big deal for those who do it on a constant basis however to me it was my first. A hell of an experience and heap of fun.

We started off from the Caltrain station in San Francisco as usual. From there we took the trail by the beach and up the slope to cross the Golden Gate Bridge.

Here is a picture of victory after climbing the first slope.



Here is one where boys act like boys, showing off their machoism.

From there we continued on to Sausalito for lunch. We had lunch at this family run small cafe called The Lighthouse. Of course since all of us had light breakfast, we can't help it but ordered up a table full of food.

After a very satisfying lunch, since time is still earlier we decided to continue on to Tiburon and make that our last stop of the day. From there we catch a ferry ride to take us back to San Francisco. On the ferry ride back, I have the opportunity to catch a closer look at 'The Rock'.


Yes although I have been in the area for a long time, I have not been to the island myself. Don't ask me why, maybe I just don't think there is a need to after all. I had been to Pudu Jail when they opened it for public visit and don't think I will ever want to visit another jail. Since we are heading towards San Francisco, here is the famous SF skyline from the ferry ride.

It was a complete fun day full with exercise and views to savor in. It gives me a different perspective of these places that I have been to so many times before. Lesson learned, if we slow down a little we might just discover things that we miss along the way. Weather wise, it is getting colder, probably won't be able to do this again until next summer. What a bummer.

No comments: