Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Happy 'Niu' Year

So bump out that this year I wasn't going to celebrate Chinese New Year back home. I miss everything about it. The people, the atmosphere, the food, the gambling, everything and anything about it. People always said the celebration is less significant anymore when you grow older however, maybe because of being so far away from home, I felt that is not true. If not I won't mind missing it. To me it is a very important time to reconnect with your family members, take time and catch up on time you miss throughout the year.



Instead of staying home and sulk, I decided to take a trip to San Francisco Chinatown to visit the Flower Market they had to celebrate the coming year. This is my first time visiting the flower market. I was surprised that it was so crowded and the atmosphere is cheering me up too. At last I felt like the existence of the celebration a little.



There are stalls setup along Grant street and also the cross street. I'm glad that I took the trip. From decorations, food and clothing.



I can't resist these shots of traditional baby kids clothing especially in a variety of red colors. All baby kids would look so cute in them.






Everyone is buying flower, so I bought myself a bunch as well. Some red color for the house to light up the mood.


Here is what I cooked up for the reunion dinner at my home, first ever reunion dinner at my new home. Nothing too fancy like what I would have been serve if I was back home with my parents.


Happy 'Niu' Year everyone, hopefully it will be a better year for you. Crossing my finger :)

No comments: