Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hot Dog Bun

It is a long weekend and everyone is probably at their vacation destination enjoying themselves. As for me, this year I need to work this long weekend so no holidays for me. Oh well, at least I would not have to work Christmas I hope.

Since I'm staying home, I thought maybe I will do some baking. I found a bread baking book that I bought a couple years ago yesterday night while unpacking. After flipping through, I have decided to start with the easiest of all, a dinner roll. Since dinner roll can be a little plain, I have decided to make a hot dog bun out of it. To be on the somewhat healthy side, I decided to go with wheat flour. After 15 minutes of kneading this is what it looks like while I leave the yeast to do their work.



After 90 minutes, this is the end results of the hot dog bun I'm making. Not really what you get from the chinese bakery store, however I think it is close enough although comment I got from my first customer is that the bun is not puffy enough :). I blame it on the yeast being lazy and not doing their work.



I would not give up, hopefully the next time I try it, the results would be a better one.

No comments: