Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Have you cast your vote?

For the past couple days, I have been asked this question over and over again by different people.

Co-workers or friends : "who do you vote for?"
Me : "I can't vote yet."

I have been here for over a decade now and been through 2 previous Election Days and this will be my third. Today is the most anticipated Election Day in the US, a much talked about event. Either way, today Nov 4th 2008, it will be a historical event for the US be it the first African American President or the oldest first-term + female Vice President.

Who would I really vote for if I have the rights to vote? With everything that is going on with the economy, I probably would cast my vote for Obama I think. No matter who becomes the next President, I just hope that economy wise we would be in a better shape and middle class people will get the much needed break from the government. Everyone wants a piece of the American Dream however, it seems like that as days go by it becomes even harder to reach.

No comments: