Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Filoli Mansion and Gardens

My in-laws are here to visit and we have been going out every weekends exploring places around here. After 10 years around the Bayarea and passing by this place whenever I go to Half Moon Bay, I haven't been to this place called Filoli Mansion and Gardens (http://www.filoli.org) at all. On Mother's Day, we decided to take a trip there since they have a flower show going on that weekend.

Probably it was Mother's Day, the place was so crowded and we have to wait a little bit to get a parking spot. Before I go in to explore, I was thinking to myself, why would so many people want to come to this place to visit. I got my answer after I go in. It was actually a beautiful place with 36,000 square foot Georgian country house and spectacular 16-acre English Renaissance garden. The garde is really well kept garden that has many varieties of flower in full bloom at this time of the year. Since there was a flower show on-going that weekend, we get to see a lot of fascinating flower arrangement that was display throughout the mansion.

If you are a flower lovers, it is a good place to visit. It is also family friendly, it is actually a very nice venue for kids photography as well.

No comments: