Monday, July 07, 2008

Fig time

Remember the fig tree that I mentioned in my previous post? Previously I said I'm not sure how to tell if a fig is ripe or not. Now I think I know.

Last Wednesday, while checking on garden, I saw a bunch of half eaten figs on the ground, oh what a mess. I guess the fig is ripe and those squirrels are the first one to taste it. By looking at what they left behind as an example, I poke around on the tree and pick some before it is all gone. My first time eating fresh fig. I didn't expect that it will be that sweet. What a surprise.


Actually this is ripe enough to be consume.


This one is getting there too.


These are those I picked, however I think they are a little too ripe. Maybe I should have try to pick them a couple days earlier. Trying to beat the squirrel to those fruits are a little tough, just hope there will be plenty for them and us.

No comments: