Sunday, June 15, 2008

Plants overloaded

I'm not an expert on plants at all although I have a backyard full of different trees and flowers. Today while watering the plants, I found myself a little surprise hiding in the midst of everything. I have an apple tree in my backyard and it's already bearing fruits although not many of them. Not sure whether they will taste yummy when it's ripe. I just have to wait for it.


There is also a fig tree which is also bearing fruits already. Not sure how to tell whether it is ripe or not. Maybe I should try to make fig jam out of it when it is time. Hopefully there are still some leftover after those squirrels have their share.

Albeit being in the sunshine state where orange tree is so common in every house, I do not have one in my house. Here is a picture of my neighbor's oranges and some of them actually grows toward my backyard :), oranges anyone?

Maybe not everyone know this, I have a soft spot for nature photography. I love to capture everything related to nature, especially flowers. To one point, I'm always thought of as wasting my memory for unnecessary photos. Here are some of them that are blooming right now.






It is time to pick up some knowledge about gardening and also plant species so I can identify what do I already have in my garden. I would love to have some lilies too. They are just so pretty. Any gardening advice is welcome :), I really need them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have a big garden to grow all these...

Serendipty said...

Not really... all of them are cramps together :)