Friday, June 13, 2008

Half Moon Bay, California

After looking over photos I took over the past couple months, I came across these that I took in Half Moon Bay. I don't think I have ever mentioned this place in my blog yet so I would like to tell you all about this place I love.


A view of the beach



Another view of the beach


Half Moon Bay is a coastal city that I frequent when I miss the beach. It has a long stretch of beaches overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It's about 45 minutes to an hour away from South Bay and around 20 minutes south of San Francisco. Since there are so many beaches around, most of them are not so crowded which is really nice if you want to spend some quiet and relaxing time on the beach. There is also a path overlooking the beach that you can do some biking, running, roller blading or just walking your dog. Along the path, there are chairs if you want to stay a little longer and enjoy the sunset.


What do you think? Isn't this captivating?

For those of you romantic out there who wants to impress your other half, you can also opt for the horseback riding on the beach they offer. I have never done it myself so can't tell you whether it is really that romantic.

I have just recently discover that there is also a Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Half Moon Bay after visiting this city countless time. Here are some photos I took when I first drop by the hotel. Recently also attended a friend's wedding dinner there too.


This reminds me of my childhood with my siblings


I would love to live by the golf course too, enjoy a round of green after a long stressful day


Found this sea anemone among the rock bed by the beach


It is so well camouflage, if I didn't look carefully I would probably miss it, my lucky star


Weird photos of us, goofing around

If you are in the area, do drop by the city because it will be worth your time. For more information, you can check out this website:
Half Moon Bay Coastside Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau

No comments: