Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Jakarta, Indonesia

A little disappointed with myself during this trip because I did not take enough photos. I was too busy playing with my little nephew rather than my camera. Jakarta is not even remotely close to what I picture in my mind before I got there. In my imagination, it is very similar to KL since it is the capital of Indonesia. Reality is, it is still far from it. When I looked down from my hotel room this is what I see, not many high rise buildings and most of them are crowded together.




On the street, there are a lot of those motorbike pedicab zooming in and out of the traffic. The one thing that capture my attention is their public bus stop. It looks more like one of those subway, or train platform and it's covers so you do not need to stand under the sun and smell the bad traffic emission gas. Too bad I do not have one to show you here.

Majority of this trip we spend exploring food. Aside from food, we went to visit a safari park, a volcano and outlet in Bandung.





It was a great trip to be able to spend time with family, although we did not visit a lot of tourist spot. One thing that is missing from this trip is a visit to buy some handicraft souvenier since I heard it is really cheap to buy handicraft in Indonesia. Next trip I shall go and visit Bali for the thing that I miss out this time.

No comments: