Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A More Permanent Address

I’m really happy that my quest for a more permanent address over the past couple years is finally over. I found a house that I can call home from now on. We started looking again seriously at the beginning of January this year and after more than 100+ open houses and 4 lost offers, we found this place that we both love. We are in the process of escrow right now and hopefully we would be getting the key to our first house next week. I’m so excited to start this new chapter of my life.

It had been a struggling decision to make whether to buy or not to buy. Mainly because we are in the middle of an economic slowdown in the United States right now. Adding to that, there are so many news out there stating that home prices might still continue to fall into next year. We had been doubting ourselves countless time throughout the process and even stopped a little after couple months wanting to wait for Fall to continue the process. For some reason, this house kept popping up in my mind everytime I tried not to think about it. So, I’m not sure whether we bought the place because of emotional or logical reason. I guess no one would knows whether it is really a good time to buy right now however there is a little voice inside of me kept saying that if you can afford it financially, then why not. In the end I gave in to this voice. Nevertheless, I’m still happy about my decision.

For anyone who are thinking whether to buy or not to buy, here is an article that might help in the beginning. After you have make up your mind, you will need more help than this article can offer.

Buying a home

Happy buying !!

No comments: