Friday, August 08, 2008

08082008 -- One World One Dream


This is a date that every Chinese should be very proud of since it is the first time China ever host the Olympic Games, a moment in history, something to tell for many more generations to come.

I was fortunate enough that this time during my one day stop over in Hong Kong, there was an opening ceremony of some sort for the Olympic Games. They have the 'Fuwa' mascots for people to take picture with them. I will post some later after I sort out those photos. Save me a trip to China although I think the ambiance in China would be something not to be miss as well.

As we all know, the number '8' is an auspicious number for Chinese and I had a funny episode at work today because of today's date. A co-worker of mine came by and asked me whether I am getting married today or not since he said today is 08082008 and being that I'm a Chinese. With that the rumor started to spread around office that I am be getting married today. Every now and then another co-worker would walked up and asked me whether I'm truly getting married today, some would even say it's something to toast for. Ah... it's so embarrassing. I guess being the only single person in a team with all married people, I'm kinda asking for it :P, all those non-stop teasing.

There you go, I had a memorable 08082008 as well.

No comments: