Sunday, August 24, 2008

Biking Around San Francisco

One of the sight that you will see everyday around the stretch of SF bay is bikers zig-zagging in the bike around town bicycles, with the black pouch hanging in front of the bike and a route map on the handle bar. Ever such a familiar sight. Is biking around SF really the best way to see SF?

So, when my friend asked me whether I wanna join him on a bike ride around SF, I'm just too excited. A big part of it is because I wanna say 'Yes, I did it', next time someone ask me whether I have bike around SF or not.

A must have group picture


Thus, on Saturday, I bike to Sunnyvale downtown Caltrain station to meet up with the gang, we took train all the way to SF. I was so surprised by the fact that the train was full (with mouth wide open) on a Saturday. At every stop, the Caltrain lady keep yelling for people not to board the train, a little annoying however can't really blame her since she is just doing her job. Never thought that so many people are really opting for public transportation these days.

We reached SF around 11.36 a.m., since it's Saturday, the farmer's market is open so we headed there for lunch. From there on we bike along the Embacacedero stretch, stopping along the way. It was definitely a very crowded Saturday. We bike all the way to the bottom of Golden Gate bridge. At first we decided to go all the way to Sausalito however, we think too great of ourselves. Most of us are tired by the time we reached the bottom of Golden Gate bridge. What do you do when you are tired? What else other than food and a place to rest (smirk on face), to ease the growling stomach and numb legs. It was a long ride to dinner. We went to Crab House at Pier 39 for some seafood. Something I have been craving for lately and I was a satisfied camper after dinner. The 'Crab Chowder' is just awesome, remember to try it next time you are there.

After dinner is time to go home. I reached home close to 10.30 p.m. What a day!!! The first time ever I bike for such a long period of time, the last time I remember biking for a long time (not even longer than this time) was at Anchorage, Alaska. I hit a new record this time. Today with my sore butt, I faintly remember I sweared after the Alaska bike ride not to do it again and somehow I forgot about it. Now back to the question, is that really the best way to see SF? Would I recommend it? Hmmm... other than a sore butt, I guess I would recommend it. It was a fun trip and I also get to exercise. If you know how to bike, try it out.

No comments: