Monday, August 11, 2008

Taiwan - Touch Your Heart

Before we took off, we plan for a round the island tour of Taiwan although it seems to be rushing it since we were only there for a week.

Initial Plan:
TaoYuan (arriving) -> Tainan -> Kaoshiung -> Hualian - > Taipei -> TaoYuan (leaving)

However, due to the Phoenix Typhoon hitting Taiwan, we had to change our plan since it's impossible to travel to Hualian in that weather condition. Everyday when we turn on the news, you will hear news about so and so place being flooded due to rain from the typhoon in Hualian.

Actual Plan:
TaoYuan (arriving) -> Tainan -> Kaoshiung -> Taipei -> Keelung - > Taipei -> TaoYuan (leaving)

I was a little disappointed since I really want to visit the Taroko Gorge National Park in Hualian as Alishan National Park was not in our original trip planning already. I'm not so much into city besides shopping and eating, so I need a break to spend time with nature during any trip. All right, all right, I might be the weirdo, however I think we should see both sides of a country :P.

Our trip this time mainly comprises of national treasure architectures, temples, night market, couple famous tourist place, shopping and eating. There are still other places that I would like to visit in Taiwan. So, my conclusion is I would have to go back and visit this country again some other time :).

Nevertheless, it's a memorable trip since I get to experience a typhoon, had a toe nail taken out as a results from a incident during the trip, had a terrible ulcer and flu a couple days into the trip, lost my GPS charger and mount, and phone chargers.

No comments: